- We worship God, our heavenly Father through Jesus Christ our Saviour and Lord.
- Immanuel embraces a mixture of worship styles, for all ages.
- The various activities throughout the week reflect our attitude that worship is not just for Sundays.
- See Worship.
Strengthening our Faith
- To strengthen our faith and Christian living by allowing the Holy Spirit to enable, empower and equip us.
- Evident not only in our Sunday services (link to Sundays) but also through:
Messy Church, Children's and Young People's Lighthouse programme, Mid-Week Communion Service and Bible Studies, Home Groups, and organised times of Prayer, such as our monthly prayer breakfast and before Sunday services.
Sharing the Good News
- To share the Good News of Jesus Christ and to introduce people to the love of God.
- We support many missions, both near to home and abroad.
- We participate in various outreach opportunities, such as prayer walks and Good Friday processions around Southbourne through our links with Churches Together in Southbourne.
- We also have a visible presence in our community around Christmas time, with recent outreach on the local green with a Nativity Shed, live animals and Community Parade through the High Street.
- As part of our witness we seek to be good stewards of the world around us. To demonstrate that the Gospel is good news for God’s earth, we have become an ECO Church.
For more information about A-Rocha UK's 'Eco Church' project, click here.
Serving the Community
- To care for and serve our local community- not forgetting our worldwide responsibilities.
- We serve both young and old across our community.
- We serve those in need in our local community through the facilitation and running of Southbourne Foodbank on our premises.
- We offer extensive Dementia Care and Support through our FACE (Family and Community Enrichment) programme.
Activities offered include: Songs for the Mind, Tea & Topic, Weds @ Immanuel, Community Cinema, Computer Club, and Clay Workshop.
- We are also involved in local Schools Work – including assemblies, lessons and clubs.